South Orange, New Jersey Debt Collection Attorneys
More than 45 years of experience handling collection cases
Turner Law Firm, LLC is trusted by clients across New Jersey to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. Turner Law Firm, LLC has more than 45 years of experience providing our clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal courts. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
South Orange attorneys committed to providing results
The attorneys at Turner Law Firm, LLC can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, our attorneys also review our clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, Turner Law Firm, LLC makes sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
1. Receipt — Review of your files
2. Demand letter — Our attorneys send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule.
3. Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once the suit is filed, our attorneys move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our attorneys vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
4. Judgment — A judgment gives our attorneys the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. We attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition and testify about the finances.
5. Jail — If the debtor fails to appear at the deposition, our attorneys can have the debtor jailed for contempt of court. We usually reach out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but if people continue to refuse to pay what they owe, we have no problem with sending them to jail.
Experienced attorneys. Proven results.
Call Turner Law Firm, LLC in South Orange today at 862-205-2122 or contact our firm online to put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe.